A colorful complement of al dente vegetables - red bell pepper, artichokes, broccoli, tomato and mushrooms - are tossed with sauteed chicken, pasta and a dash of Parmesan.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat and brown the chicken and garlic (about 5 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the chicken broth to the pan; then add the broccoli and tomato and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts, mushrooms, red bell pepper, cooked chicken and pasta and cook for 3 to 5 more minutes until all are cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste. After removing the chicken/pasta mixture to a serving bowl, top with Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped Parsley. Serve.