Artichoke hearts, bacon and olives blend together nicely in this Italian dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 ounces pancetta or lightly smoked bacon, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with oil, garlic and onions, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 pound fettuccine or linguine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pancetta, stirring often until browned, about 6 minutes.
Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add undrained tomatoes, artichoke hearts, wine, olives, rosemary and crushed red pepper. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in parsley.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain well and toss with sauce.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.