Easy, festive recipe for smoked salmon and caviar pasta, from a restaurant in Italy. Uses only 4 ingredients for the sauce: cream, smoked salmon, caviar and parsley. The sauce is very rich; with a green salad, this makes a full meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fresh linguine pasta
- 1 cup cream
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black caviar
- 1 bunch chopped flat leaf parsley
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, place cream in a small saucepan, over medium-low heat. Stir in the smoked salmon, and season with nutmeg and black pepper if desired. Stir frequently until thickened.
Place drained pasta into a large serving bowl. Pour the cream sauce over the pasta, and add the caviar. Toss gently until some of the caviar has broken and colors the pasta slightly. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of parsley.
Do not add any salt until you are sure that the saltiness of the smoked salmon and caviar are not enough for your taste.