Lots of crispy bacon is tossed with hot, buttered noodles, whipped egg and cream, and a generous measure of Parmesan cheese to make this delicious classic. Stir until the heat of the pasta cooks the eggs, then serve with parsley and ground pepper.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream at room temperature
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
In medium bowl beat together eggs and cream just until blended. Stir in cheese and set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan. Toss with butter until it is melted. Add bacon and cheese mixture and toss gently until mixed.