Bacon and ham are combined with Parmesan, garlic, parsley, hot pasta, black pepper and beaten eggs to make a meaty Carbonara. Olives and pimentos leap in at the last minute to add extra color and flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chopped ham
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento peppers, drained
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, chopped
Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet.
Add the oil and ham and saute lightly.
Add the cooked spaghetti, bacon, cheese, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well.
Turn off the heat and pour beaten eggs over all. Toss to coat evenly, then add the olives and pimentos and toss again. Serve at once.