The red, yellow and green of the tri-colored pasta matches the tomatoes, yellow squash and zucchini in this lovely, simple dish tossed with cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package tri-colored farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, steamed and cut into chunks
- 1 summer squash, steamed and chopped
Add pasta to a large pot of salted boiling water. Let cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, saute chicken breasts in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Saute for 8 to 10 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet and cut into bite size pieces.
In a large mixing bowl, toss cooked pasta with oil to coat. Add chicken pieces, sun-dried tomatoes, zucchini and squash and toss again. Finally, add cheese and serve.