A quick and easy Italian favorite. Garnish with grated Romano cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped spinach, drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 pound seashell pasta
In a large stock pot, combine diced tomatoes, beans, spinach, chicken broth, tomato sauce, water, garlic, bacon, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and basil. Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 40 minutes, covered.
Add pasta and cook uncovered until pasta is tender, approximately 10 minutes. Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, sprinkle cheese on top, and serve.