Don 't tell anyone what 's in this, because they just won 't believe you. Pudding! That 's right, but it goes with the other sweet offerings in this unusual pasta dish - maraschino cherries, fruit cocktail, crushed pineapple, and mandarin oranges.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package macaroni
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1/2 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
Prepare pudding according to directions on package however, use only 1 1/2 cups milk. Refrigerate until chilled.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta and pudding; mix until evenly coated.
Add oranges, pineapples, fruit cocktail and cherries to pasta mixture. Mix well. Fold in whipped topping, chill and serve.