This healthy pasta salad is delicious with its spicy dressing, fresh tomatoes, avocados and onion.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup fat-free, Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups small seashell pasta
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 California avocado - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce, rinsed
- 2 large black olives, sliced
In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, basil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, albacore, tomato, avocado and red onion. Add dressing and toss together to evenly coat.
Line four plates with lettuce leaves, spoon on salad and garnish with olive slices.