Ripe plum tomatoes and aromatic basil accent fresh shrimp. Farfalle, radiatore, rotini, or any other short, small pasta works well in place of seashells.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 4 cups cooked medium seashell pasta
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 197 (21% from fat); FAT 4.5g (sat 0.8g, mono 1.2g, poly 2.1g); PROTEIN 13.2g; CARB 25.7g; FIBER 1.5g; CHOL 83mg; IRON 2.8mg; SODIUM 249mg; CALC 30