Let's face it, the family will love this easy and delicious recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 cups Pasta Sauce (see below)
- 14 frozen cooked meatballs
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Pasta Sauce:
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
SAUTE onion and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
STIR in diced tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
BRING to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 2 hours.
COOK sauce and meatballs in a saucepan over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.
Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.