Everything about this entree is big. Big pasta shells, lots of great ingredients, and a huge success when you serve it to your guests. The shells are stuffed with oodles of cheese, spinach and tasty seasonings. And then they're smothered in spaghetti sauc
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 16 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 ounces low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
In a large pot of salted water boil pasta shells until al dente. Drain well and rinse.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In medium bowl, combine spinach, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, egg white, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and Italian seasoning until blended.
Fill each pasta shell with a heaping tablespoon of spinach mixture. Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a 8x12 inch baking dish, spread evenly. Place shells in pan. Spoon remaining spaghetti sauce over shells. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until shells are heated through.