This wonderful and easy skillet pasta dish includes sun-dried tomatoes, olives, pine nuts, feta cheese, and crushed red pepper flakes. This is an authentic alternative that gets rave reviews in our family.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place farfalle pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the garlic until lightly browned. Mix in red pepper and lemon juice. Stir in the pine nuts, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes. Toss in the cooked pasta and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper.