Tuna, pine nuts and feta cheese are tossed with olives, garlic, parsley and fresh basil in this sensational pasta salad. Use thin, hollow strands of perciatelli or bucatini pasta, and dress the mix with lemon juice and olive oil.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 pound pericatelli pasta
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces feta cheese (optional)
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until done.
Meanwhile, mix together tuna, olives, pine nuts, garlic, parsley, basil, and crumbled feta cheese.
Drain pasta, and toss with lemon juice and olive oil. Toss with tuna mixture. Serve hot or cold.