An aromatic infusion of butter and garlic loaded with basil, thyme, marjoram, savory and parsley is tossed over hot pasta and sprinkled with slices of black olives. Serve as a splendid side dish to fish or meats.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 pound uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon ground savory
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
Cook pasta according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook for a couple of minutes. Stir in the herbs.
Drain the pasta, and transfer to a large bowl. Add the butter mixture, and toss, toss, toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with black olive slices, and serve.