Red and green bell peppers are sauteed with carrot slices, green onions and garlic. Baby corn, sliced mushrooms, parsley and garlic powder join the party before hot pasta leaps into the pan. Toss it all together and top with Parmesan cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (5.5 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound uncooked pasta
Heat olive oil in large saucepan. Add onion, peppers and carrot and saute until onion is golden. Stir in the scallions and minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the baby corn, mushroom and seasonings and heat through.
Toss the cooked pasta with the vegetables and top with parmesan cheese, if desired.