Rich and savory, a wonderful soup, it can be a meal in itself, serve with garlic toast, its great!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound seashell pasta
Heat oil in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
Add undrained tomatoes, undrained cannellini beans, chicken broth, parsley, basil and pepper to Dutch oven and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Let boil for approximately 1 minute and then let simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
Add pasta to Dutch oven and simmer approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve immediately and enjoy.