Substitute the Italian cavatappi with fusilli, penne or any other medium-sized pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 cups boiling water
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 cups hot cooked cavatappi (about 12 ounces uncooked ridged, spiral pasta)
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Combine boiling water and sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Drain and chop.
Combine tomatoes, oil, salt, pepper, and garlic in a large bowl. Add pasta and spinach; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheeses; toss gently.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 302 (28% from fat); FAT 9.3g (sat 3.6g, mono 4g, poly 0.9g); PROTEIN 14.4g; CARB 41.8g; FIBER 2.5g; CHOL 16mg; IRON 2.7mg; SODIUM 606mg; CALC 257m