Tender spears of fresh asparagus are sauteed with cooking spray and simmered quickly with chicken broth and sliced mushrooms. Tossed with angel hair pasta and Parmesan cheese, this makes a wonderful luncheon dish or light supper.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Saute asparagus in the pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and mushroom slices; cook 3 minutes more.
Drain pasta, and transfer to a serving dish. Gently toss pasta with asparagus mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan and crushed red pepper.