Fettuccini tossed with a chicken stock and cream sauce, clams, mushrooms, broccoli, herbs and lots of butter.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fettuccini pasta
- 1/2 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms and bell pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Steam broccoli in colander over pasta water, or in steamer, until bright green, 5 to 10 minutes.
Toss cooked pasta with 1/4 cup butter, Parmesan, oregano, parsley, garlic powder and black pepper. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Dump in flour all at once and whisk until smooth. Whisk in cream and chicken broth a little at a time and cook until mixture thickens. Stir in clams and reserved broccoli, mushrooms and bell pepper. Heat through and toss with pasta. Serve at once.