Taste a late summer harvest in a colorful pasta sauce that needs no cooking. Simply stir cooked corn, chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions into a dressing of olive oil, red wine vinegar and basil. Toss with hot pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 8 ounces pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup whole corn kernels, cooked
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and dried basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the tomatoes, corn kernels, and scallions. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
Toss pasta with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.