Refreshing and citrusy! Preparation Time: 20 minutes. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups rotini pasta
- 1/2 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp - peeled and deveined
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
In a large bowl combine pineapple, red pepper, red onion, jalapeno pepper, orange juice, and lime juice. Mix well and set aside.
Prepare an outdoor grill with an oiled rack set 6 inches from the coals. On a gas grill, place the setting to high. Grill the shrimp for 2 minutes per side.
Toss the cooked noodles with the salsa. Arrange the shrimp on the pasta and serve.