This recipe is SUPER simple and incredibly tasty. If you like Pasta Aglio Olio (pasta with garlic and olive oil), you'll LOVE this. The salty, garlicky salami with the sweet green peas -- MMMM! You'll find yourself making it all the time!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry mostaccioli pasta
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces thinly sliced hard salami
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, and cook for 6 minutes. Mix in peas. Continue cooking 4 to 6 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Drain, and return to pot.
Heat the oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in green onions and garlic. Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until green onions are tender. Mix in salami, and continue cooking until heated through. Transfer to the pot with the cooked pasta. Add Parmesan cheese, and gently toss.