A mixture of different pasta shapes adds visual interest and texture to this meatless main dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups mixed hot cooked pasta (such as farfalle, penne, and shells)
Place first 7 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well-blended. Toss with pasta.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 337 (21% from fat); FAT 8g (sat 1.3g, mono 4.2g, poly 1.7g); PROTEIN 11g; CARB 55.6g; FIBER 3.4g; CHOL 1mg; IRON 3.5mg; SODIUM 123mg; CALC 79mg