Angel hair pasta is tossed with tomato sauce that's been gently simmered with half and half, garlic and spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (28 ounce) jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1/8 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan combine pasta sauce, half and half, garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg and basil. Simmer over low heat for 45 to 50 minutes; do not boil.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Toss pasta with sauce and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.