A wonderful selection of vegetables with a zippy brown mustard and cider vinegar dressing mixed in.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package rotini/corkscrew pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared brown mustard
In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, mixed vegetables, kidney beans, celery, cucumber, green pepper and onion.
To make the dressing combine in a saucepan over medium heat: vinegar, margarine, sugar, flour, salt and brown mustard; bring to boil. Continue to cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Cool completely.
Pour cooled dressing over bowl of vegetables. Toss to distribute dressing evenly. Cover tightly and store in refrigerator.