A mixture of flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar is sprinkled in the bottom of a prepared pie shell. Sliced peaches are piled in, and more sugar is sprinkled on top. Heavy cream is then poured over the peaches, and this heavenly pie is baked until the peach
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 fresh peaches - pitted, skinned, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Sprinkle a handful in the bottom of uncooked pie shell. Fill pie shell with sliced peaches, and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Cover peaches with heavy cream; you may not need all the cream.
Bake pie for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for 50 minutes longer.