Very easy dessert with wholesome granola and oats for the topping. Not too sweet for those who prefer natural peach flavors. Good peaches make the difference, but you can use canned. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup honey-sweetened granola
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, combine the oats, granola, 3 tablespoons flour, and brown sugar. Cut in the 1/4 cup butter until crumbly.
Place peach slices in an 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon flour. Scatter the oat mixture over the peaches. Sprinkle top with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and pecans.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.