Peach halves are arranged in a pie shell, and sprinkled with brown sugar and flour. A mixture of evaporated milk and egg is poured over the peaches, and before the pie is slipped into the oven, it 's dusted with sugar and spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 large fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and halved
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
In a small bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons flour and brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture into bottom of pastry-lined pie pan. Arrange peach halves, cut side up, on top of mixture.
In a medium bowl, whisk together evaporated milk and egg. Pour mixture over peaches.
In a medium bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over top of peaches.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.