Easier than a pie, but just as flavorful and attractive, you'll like this quick to fix dessert filled with cinnamon and almond spiked fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches. Use a refrigerated piecrust for added ease in preparation.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- Pastry for a single crust 9-inch pie
- 4 cups sliced pitted peeled fresh peaches or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Roll pastry on floured surface to 12-inch circle; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Combine peaches, Equal®, flour, cinnamon and almond extract; toss gently until peaches are evenly coated with mixture.
Arrange peach mixture on pastry, leaving 2-inch border around edge of pastry. Bring pastry edge toward center, overlapping as necessary. Bake tart in preheated 425 degree F oven 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and peaches are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.
* May substitute 12 packets Equal® sweetener