The sweetness of canned peaches and toasted almonds is nicely offset with a light sour cream sauce in this baked chicken dish topped with Parmesan.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 6 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can beef consomme
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken pieces. Set flour mixture aside.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat, and brown chicken pieces. Transfer browned chicken pieces to an oiled baking dish. Set aside.
Add the almonds to the skillet, and stir over medium heat until golden. Stir in the remaining flour mixture, and add the water, beef consume and ketchup. Cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat, and stir in the sour cream. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, and top with drained peach slices. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes more, until cheese is brown and chicken is done.