Peanut butter, chili paste, garlic, and ginger create a flavorful Asian style marinade for grilled chicken. Great!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chile paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
In a large bowl, gradually stir hot water into peanut butter. Stir in chili paste, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground red pepper. Place chicken in marinade, and turn to coat evenly. Cover, and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate. Thread chicken pieces onto skewers. Discard marinade.
Grill chicken 8 to 10 minutes per side, or until no longer pink, and juices run clear.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.