Peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss center.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package HERSHEY®'S KISSES® Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE'S® Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar for decoration
Heat oven to 375 F. Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.
Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate piece into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.