A bar cookie that combines two favorites - chocolate chips and peanut butter in vanilla dough. Oats help to keep them moist - if they last that long. Sure to be a favorite.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Beat butter, Equal®, and brown sugar until well combined. Stir in milk, peanut butter, egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually mix in combined flour, oats, baking soda and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spread mixture evenly in well-sprayed 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven 20 to 22 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares; store in airtight container at room temperature.
* May substitute 24 packets Equal® sweetener