The filling is light and fluffy, made with beaten cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lots of whipped cream. This luscious peanut butter filling is piled in a chocolate cookie crust and chilled until ready to serve.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Combine 1 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup butter or margarine; press into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Cool.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Whip the cream, and fold into the peanut butter mixture.
Gently spoon filing into crust. Garnish pie with chocolate or cookie crumbs if desired. Refrigerate.