The peanut butter adds something wonderful, without really tasting like itself. The BEST soup I have ever tasted.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In a large stock pot, combine the broth, chicken, potatoes, and carrots. Bring the soup to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 10 minutes, till vegetables are tender.
Add zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic. Simmer for about 8 minutes.
Add peanut butter, parsley, salt, and pepper; stir until peanut butter is fully blended. Simmer for 3 minutes longer.