Peanut butter chips and a coconut frosting make this carrot cake special.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) package REESE'S® Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup MOUNDS® Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round baking pans.
In large bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and blend well. Stir in carrot, peanut butter chips and walnuts.
Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely. Spread Nutty Coconut Frosting between layers and on top of cake. 10 to 12 servings.
Nutty Coconut Frosting: In medium saucepan, combine evaporated milk, granulated sugar, butter and egg. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil; boil and stir 2 minutes. Cool slightly; add coconut, walnuts and vanilla. Cool to spreading consistency, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.