Adding fruit to traditional salad ingredients adds a light, refreshing twist to your summer dinner. Grand Prize Winner in our 2000 Holiday Recipe Contest
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 firm, ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
WHISK together first 4 ingredients. Set dressing aside.
PEEL pears, if desired; quarter pears. Brush with lemon juice.
ARRANGE lettuce on 4 plates. Arrange pear quarters over lettuce. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with cheese, bacon, and raspberries.
Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.