Juicy, warm chicken breasts baked in a crunchy pecan and garlic flavored coating sit on a bed of crisp romaine lettuce. Dried cranberries and mandarin oranges add a sweetness that is balanced by the tanginess of crumbled blue cheese. Ranch dressing ties t
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup creamy garlic salad dressing
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 head romaine lettuce leaves, torn into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Place the creamy garlic dressing and pecans in separate bowls. Dip each chicken breast in the dressing then in the pecans to coat. Arrange chicken on a baking sheet.
Bake chicken 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until juices run clear. Cool slightly, and cut into strips.
On serving plates, arrange equal amounts of the lettuce, mandarin oranges, cranberries, and blue cheese. Top with equal amounts chicken, and serve with Ranch dressing.