This pie has lots and lots of pecan stirred into the filling. And it 's a basic recipe that takes kindly to adding extra ingredients, if you 're so inclined. Try chocolate or a jigger of Jack Daniels.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
In a medium-sized bowl, stir together eggs, syrup, sugar, flour, and vanilla until well blended.
Stir in pecans.
Pour mixture into pastry shell.
Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven 50 to 55 minutes, until a knife inserted half-way between center and edge comes out clean. Cool.
* Add 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate and reduce sugar to 1/2 cup
* Add 2-3 tablespoons Jack Daniels liquor or Amaretto liqueur