How can this pie miss with scrumptious ingredients like grated orange rind, pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, whole pecans, brown sugar and oodles of spices? The pumpkin filling is whipped up, poured into a prepared crust, and in the last minutes o
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
Combine eggs, sugars, flour, spices and salt. Blend in pumpkin. Gradually add milk; mix well.
Pour into 9-inch pie shell. Bake in 450 degree F (230 degrees C) oven 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake 40 to 50 minutes longer.
Sprinkle pecan mixture over pie the last 10 minutes before removing from the oven.
To Make Topping: Combine 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon grated orange rind, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup whole pecans.