Penne is baked with asparagus, broccoli, red bell pepper, zucchini, prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan for a colorful, flavorful hot dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss with olive oil.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, roast asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper and zucchini until flecked with dark brown. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Saute garlic with prosciutto and sun-dried tomatoes until heated through. Toss with penne, roasted vegetables and Parmesan. Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes, until hot.