A super quick and tantalizing tomato based recipe with prosciutto, vodka, garlic and Parmesan.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 pound prosciutto, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- salt to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Saute garlic, prosciutto and red pepper flakes for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in vodka and cream. Simmer 15 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan and chopped basil. Toss with pasta until evenly coated.