This pork sausage and penne pasta dish is delicious either mild or spicy hot -- you decide!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3/4 pound pork sausage links, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- crushed red pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and return to pan.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
To the sausage add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper, salt and garlic. Stir in mushrooms and pasta sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cooked pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.