Penne pasta is tossed with a delicate oil and mushroom sauce, and topped with Parmesan cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the penne pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the garlic and mushrooms until mushrooms are tender. Season with salt and pepper, and mix in the butter.
In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta and the mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley to serve.