Tomatoes and onions are sauteed with garlic and wine, tossed with shrimp, and served with pasta in this quick and easy entree.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender. Mix in wine and tomatoes, and continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mix shrimp into the skillet, and cook 5 minutes, or until opaque. Toss with pasta and top with Parmesan cheese to serve.