If you like peppers, onions, and garlic, then this is going to be your next favorite meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 sweet onion cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Anaheim chile pepper, chopped
- 3 fresh red chili peppers, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Reserving juices in skillet, transfer cooked beef to a bowl, and mix in 1 clove crushed garlic. Stir remaining garlic, onion, green bell pepper, Anaheim chile pepper, red chili peppers, and jalapeno peppers into the skillet. Cook until tender; drain grease.
Transfer vegetables to a large pot over medium heat, and mix in broth, soup, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and mix in corn. Season with cumin and curry. Pour in water, and mix in cooked beef. Season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes over low heat.