Sauteed bell peppers and seasoned beef sirloin, with Dijon mustard and honey. Served over rice with green onion.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1/2 pound beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
In a medium saucepan bring chicken broth to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the beef, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and green bell pepper until beef is evenly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Stir Dijon mustard and honey in the beef mixture. Stir green onions into cooked rice. Serve peppers and beef over the rice.