Quick and delicious!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 pound peppered bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving drippings, and set aside.
Saute green onion and garlic in bacon drippings over medium heat for one minute. Stir in tomatoes, basil, salt and ground black pepper; simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Toss hot pasta with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.