A rich chocolate brownie with a hint of peppermint.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 6 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened*
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon milk, or as needed
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt 1 1/4 cups butter and chocolate in 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in sugar. Add eggs and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract; beat just until mixed. Stir in flour and salt; mix well.
Grease bottom only of a 13x9 inch baking pan. Spread batter into pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until brownie just begins to pull away from sides of pan. (DO NOT OVER BAKE.) Cool completely.
Combine all frosting ingredients except milk in small bowl. Beat at low speed, gradually adding milk to desired spreading consistency.
Drizzle frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with candy; gently press into frosting. Cover; refrigerate to set frosting (30 minutes). Cut into bars.
* Substitute LAND O LAKES® Soft Baking Butter with Canola Oil right from the refrigerator.